As every year, on September 14, on the birthday of the most famous composer from Dąbrowa Górnicza, the patron of the competition, there will be a concert that will inaugurate the 12th Michał Spisak International Music Competition. At 6:00 PM on the large stage of the Zagłębie Palace of Culture will perform the Silesian Philharmonic Orchestra named after Henryk Mikołaj Górecki under the baton of Massimiliano Caldi. The orchestra will play together with the invited soloists: dr hab. Zoltán Kovács (clarinet) and laureates of last year’s competition – Roksana Kwaśnikowska (violin) and Gabriel Pidoux (oboe). The concert will be hosted by Violetta Rotter-Kozera.
Programme of inaugural concert:
- Michał Spisak – Toccata for Orchestra / Silesian Philharmonic Orchestra
- Michał Spisak – Concertino for clarinet and Orchestra / dr hab. Zoltán Kovács
- Karol Szymanowski – Violin Concerto No. 1 op. 35 / Roksana Kwaśnikowska
- Maurice Ravel – Pavane pour une Infante défunte / Silesian Philharmonic Orchestra
- Johann Nepomuk Hummel – Introduction, theme and variations for oboe and orchestra / Gabriel Pidoux
- Piotr Czajkowski – Capriccio Italien / Silesian Philharmonic Orchestra